We will do everything possible to make your stay most enjoyable. To ensure you will have a very pleasant experience we have established the following policies. Please take a few minutes to review these policies, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
At the White Birch Inn, the health, safety, and well-being of our guests is paramount. And while life may be filled with uncertainties right now, we want you to know that we are doing everything we can to welcome you back safely and comfortably when you are ready to travel again.
We are following the guidelines set by the CDC and the State of New Hampshire and will continue to monitor events to ensure we have the most up to date information and protocols.
Guests who reside outside of New England must sign an affidavit attesting that all the person(s) staying at the lodging facility remained at home for at least 14 days before arriving in New Hampshire, only going out for essential items and when outside of the home maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks when within less than 6 feet of another person during this 14 day “quarantine”.
Upon Arrival/Check In
- Prior to entering the inn, please ring the doorbell (located at the Guest Entrance) to alert us that you have arrived. Please enter, and if we are with a guest, wait in the pub area until we are ready to check you in. This will ensure that we are only checking in one group of guests at a time.
- Because our inn is small, and we will be greeting you inside the social distance range of 6 feet, we will be wearing face coverings.
- Face coverings are suggested for guests at check-in and check-out, and when transiting to/from a guest room through the inn when social distancing is not possible. Masks will be available when you enter the inn if you do not have one.
Enhanced Sanitation Procedures
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at the main entrance and exit doors, as well as throughout the inn.
- Separate entrance and exits will be prominently marked to assist with social distancing.
- Common areas and touchpoints throughout the inn (stair handrails, light switches, remotes, door handles, and other areas of hand contact) will be sanitized every two hours, at a minimum.
- Daily housekeeping and room service will continue to be a part of our routine. Staff will always wear gloves and masks when entering guest rooms. If you would prefer that we do not enter your room during your stay, please use the DO NOT DISTURB sign and/or let us know.
- We are certified as Food Service Handlers by Serv-Safe. Training includes Food Safety, Personal Hygiene, Cross-Contamination and Allergens, Time & Temperature, & Cleaning and Sanitation.
Cancellation Policy due to COVID-19
- 7 Days: 100% refund of deposit (less a $25 transaction fee) related to bookings for travelers when we are notified 7 days in advance of the reservation arrival date.
- 24 Hours: 100% refund of deposit (less a $25 transaction fee) for any traveler who feels they have been exposed to the virus or who may be showing symptoms (fever, cough, respiratory problems, sore throat, loss of taste or smell) if we are notified 24 hours in advance of arrival. Proof of test results may be required.
- No Shows: 100% of the reservation will be applied to the credit card supplied at the time of reservation if we are not notified.
No Smoking / No Candles in Rooms
Per NH State Law, the inn is 100% smoke-free. Smoking is permitted outside on the back and side lawns only. Smoking of any substance within the inn will result in a minimum charge of $150 to clean and deodorize the room. If an outside cleaning service is required additional fees will be applied.
Our room rates range from season to season and you will always receive the best rate by booking directly with us. A two-night minimum stay requirement may apply to weekends and peak seasons.
We are proud to offer Military discounts at the time of reservation when booking via phone with us directly. Thank you for your service!
Room rates include double occupancy and a hearty New England Breakfast. Rates are quoted per night excluding New Hampshire Rooms and Meals Tax of 9%.
A deposit equal to the amount of a one night stay will be charged to your credit card at the time of making your reservation.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card regardless of how the final payment will be made. We accept MC, Visa, Discover and AmEx credit cards. We do not accept personal checks.
Whole inn rentals must be paid in full 30 days in advance and are non-refundable.
Check-In / Check-Out
Check-In is between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm. Arrangements for later arrivals can be made with advance notice.
Check-Out is at 11:00 am. Late checkouts will be charged an additional $25 per hour.
Cancellation - See COVID
Our Inn is small and we work hard to create a special occasion for all of our guests. Therefore, we are significantly affected by cancellations and must adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
- By making a reservation you have agreed to the terms and conditions of our policies.
- If you do not agree with our policies, you can cancel free of charges before 11 PM (EST) on the day you made the reservation. All cancellations will receive a notice. If you have not received a cancellation notice your reservation has not been canceled.
- For cancellations made more than 14 days before your scheduled arrival date, your deposit will be refunded in full.
- You are responsible for all charges in the event of late arrival, early departure or cancellations made within 14 days of the arrival date of the reservation - regardless of reason.
Travel Insurance, credit card carriers, personal/home insurance may cover you for unexpected cancellations, emergencies or changes to your travel plans - we do not.
Additional Guests / Children
While children of all ages are welcome, the inn may not be suited for some as the walls are thin and the rooms are not equipped with cots or portable cribs. Please note that small children should not be left unattended and that the inn does not offer babysitting or child-care services. Any guest under the age of 16 is considered a child, including infants.
To avoid disappointment, extra charges or the forfeiting of your room, please ensure that all guests staying in the room have been accounted for in your reservation (this includes infants, children, pets).
The number of occupants cannot exceed the maximum occupancy legally allowed in the room. Unregistered guests will not be allowed to stay.
Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the guests will be charged to the credit card. Charges may need to be applied after guest departure as deemed necessary.